Key Pillars of Trauma-Awareness in Teaching (15H CET)
Dates: 24 & 25 June
Sat (1pm – 6:30pm), Sun (8am – 6:30pm)
This continuing education training is for current yoga teachers and fitness trainers who would like to be more trauma-aware in their teaching and practice. In this CET, you will learn the following:
- What is trauma and why is it important to be trauma-aware
- Applied Polyvagal theory in wellness and fitness settings
- Yoga sturas as ethics
- Understanding consent culture and body boundaries
- Cultural appropriation and decolonisation in yoga
- Key principles of trauma-awareness as it relates to cueing, sequencing, space management, etc.
- Creating safety in group classes
This CET is part of our 200H Yoga Teacher Training.